Emerger Strategies Partners with Bonefish & Tarpon Trust Through 1% for the Planet
Our purpose is to protect what we love, and our mission is to build purpose-driven brands that solve social and environmental problems. We help our clients increase their growth while minimizing their environmental impact by turning their sustainability achievements into powerful marketing stories. We also want to use our own business to solve environmental problems, which is why we became a 1% for the Planet Member. We feel that it is the right thing to do, and want to support nonprofits that are doing amazing work to protect what we love. As it happens, Bonefish & Tarpon Trust is certainly doing an excellent job of protecting the flats species we love, and we are thrilled to announce that Emerger Strategies has partnered with Bonefish & Tarpon Trust (BTT) by making BTT our 1% for the Planet nonprofit partner for 2018!
This means that we will proudly, and gladly, donate 1% of our 2018 sales to Bonefish & Tarpon Trust because we believe in science and love BTT’s science-based approach to fisheries conservation and fully support their mission
“to conserve and restore bonefish, tarpon and permit fisheries and habitats through research, stewardship, education and advocacy.”
Bonefish & Tarpon Trust literally has too many accomplishments to list, but here are a few:
- Worked with Florida’s Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and anglers to implement catch-and-release-only regulations for tarpon and bonefish.
- Mapped critical flats fishing areas in the Florida Keys that are helping to guide management strategies of the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and Everglades National Park.
- Launched the “Fix Our Water” campaign to inform and engage anglers in Florida’s ongoing water management crisis.
- Assisted in establishing six nationally protected bonefish conservation zones in the Bahamas.
- Created the first-ever permit-tagging program in Florida, Belize and Mexico, and improved permit fishing regulations in Florida.
- Conducted bonefish studies in Florida, the Bahamas, Mexico, Belize and Cuba that are being used to develop habitat and fisheries protections.
If you are looking for a more comprehensive list, please click HERE. With such a long-standing and successful track record, we know that by donating to an organization like Bonefish & Tarpon Trust will result in protecting bonefish, tarpon and permit for generations to come.
We are also very proud to be 1% for the Planet Members and it is through our membership that we are able to make a financial contribution towards Bonefish & Tarpon Trust, so thank you to 1% for the Planet! Finally, thank you for all of your good work, Bonefish & Tarpon Trust, and we look forward to supporting you to protect what we love!
Read the full Press Release at Angling Trade Media HERE.